Thursday 8 December 2016

Our Guest Speaker at our 2016 ANZAC Day Memorial Service, Tony Park and his wife Nicola are very much involved with life in Southern Arfrica

ANZA's Pam von Aulock submitted this interesting website article about Tony Park's latest interests and new novel. The novel is set in KwaZulu-Natal

click here to visit site for the rest of this story

Here is an entry paragraph. 

"Making your time in Hwange count"
 
by
Tony Park
Friday, 2nd December 2016

At thirteen minutes to midnight I looked over my shoulder. My blood temperature dropped to match the chilly Hwange night. There he was, hugely muscled with a big black mane, padding silently, dangerously under the full moon.
The fully-grown male lion stood six metres behind me. I stood, swaddled in a blanket and beanie, in an open-sided hide at Big Toms, not far from Robins Camp. I could hear my heartbeat and feel the adrenaline. But there was no way I was going to call out to my fellow counters, snoring in their roof tents, in case that big boy decided I was worth a closer look. " 

No comments: